Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Greg, thanks - and comments

Greg,

I would tend to agree than SMPS is not for me when it comes to analog but one wonders if conversely, it is not perfectly good for digital, especially within the computer?

I guess I still have a hard time thinking about a computer as an audio device. I do consider the sound card an audio device but from there back it is a computer, though I do see the goodness in having as little extraneous anything circulating the MB.

I would love for this semi-simple "idea" to work but I can assure you I am not determined to like it. I have the stuff for linear supplies laying about and will have to make the comparison eventually for it to mean anything at all.

I must admit I had no intention of doing anything to the supply itself, just adding an LC filter to each of the outputs. I have got to say the idea of being able to hear a rectifier within an SMPS is almost frightening!

Of course, I will keep you and any others who might be interested informed since this is my favorite forum and I can lapse into chattiness!

My main idea is that if this is an improvement that could be implemented easily by those not interested in the complexities of making linear supplies though, no question, with three terminal regulators, it does become simple(r).

At this point it will be interesting to see if the supply will accept this extra inductance at all and allow the computer to turn on!

Thanks for your interest, help, and ...

I knew there had to be a new cPlay on the way since it has been so long since cics had SPOKEN and sure enough ...

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.