Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

DRC

Hi play-mate,
Thanks for answering.
My problem is that I haven't found out yet clear answers to my questions regarding cPlay in general and with the use of DRC within it.

1)cPlay:
only work with an ASIO 2 compliant soundcard: does it mean that it won't work with an external usb DAC directly connected to the mobo's usb port ie it needs an ASIO 2 compliant soundcard in between?

b) resampling:
- does cPlay resample either through SRC or Sox or is there a way to 'unable' resampling?
- what 'resampling' means in cPlay: changing the sample rate or changing the sample rate AND the resolution (ie 16-bit>32-bit)?

c) cPlay offers 2 channel output mapping only: but it's said elsewhere that "6.Supports up to 3 ASIO soundcards with each having up to 100 output channels" !!! As most of DRC softwares allow for digital Xovers I'd like to know if cPlay can output more than 2 channels

d)cPlay with Juli@: in the cPlay Diagnostics window of the guide one can see that the Juli@ soundcard, which is 24-bit capable, has got ASIO Driver starting at 32-bit. What does it mean? Is cPlay 'upbitting' at 32-bit and then has 8 bits truncated when going through Juli@?

2) DRC
Further on in the Guide it is said that "cPlay supports use of a single VST plugin (up to version 2.4.2, 2-in/max 8-out) in 32 bit float precision. ASIO performance is maintained for 2-in/2-out plugins (stereo output). For multi-channel output, best ASIO performance is achieved when latency is 64 samples or less."
a) 32 bit float precision: does it mean that if I want to use DRC my filters are to be done at 32-bit?
b) 2-in/max 8-out: what "8-out" means if cPlay can output 2-channel only?

On a more general matter, when I'm working on a project on Adobe Audition at 32-bit, can I listen to it directly through cPlay OR do I have to save it, exit Adobe Audition and then open the saved file into cPlay?

That will be all for now!
Cheers,
golo

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.