Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Easy Minlogon without disabling WFP

Make sure everything is set up and working properly on the computer before starting on minlogon: motherboard chipset drivers installed, soundcard drivers installed, cMP and cPlay installed and working.
In your music computer create some new folders in, say, My Documents, and copy the drivers and programs there so they are handy if you need to do reinstalls later. All optimizations should be done, and computer restarts and works perfectly before Minlogon is set up.

To answer your questions:
1. you just need to keep the minlogon.exe file. You should store it on your office computer and on the music computer, and of course in your backup folders. Copy it to a folder (as suggested above) on the music computer, and then you can copy it into system32 when you are ready.

yes, make the minlogon.reg file first then copy it via your flash drive to a folder in your music computer so it is handy for later - you need to use it everytime you re-implement minlogon, and you don't want to go hunting for the flash drive every time.

2. ? don't get you here - do you mean minlogon.reg? You could name it banana.reg, and as long as the contents are correct it would still work! The name minlogon.reg is just so you remember what it is for! Do NOT get it confused with minlogon.exe

3. Extract the 1.04 drivers (right-click on the zip file and select "Extract to Juli@-x2v-v1_04" This creates a folder for you with the drivers in it. Store this folder on your office computer, copy it to your storage folder that you made on the music computer and in your backup place.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.