Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks

Greg,

I don't think AK4114 can be removed, it should be responsible for I2S output. See p.29.
http://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/akm/en/product/ak4114/ak4114_f04e.pdf

Ceramic cap never sound good to me. Oscon caps do a better job than ceramic, Siemens Sikorel is even better. I also like Philips or BC but they are no longer available. Panasonic caps (those 105 *C, series M or FM, body in blue and word in gold colour)do a decent job although they aren't as good as the above or Black Gate.

For GA-H55M-UD2H, the following can be removed by cutting of their legs off and removing legs by solder,those smaller ones like video chips are too small to be cut off (I've tried):

- IDE controller next to the P24 connectors. However, the regulator below the roll of 3 SATA connector must be removed by desoldering.

- the sound chip at the corner

Better SQ improvement can only be done by removing the video chips however.

I just found it more neat and tidy using hot air gun to remove chips. Now I can heat up the chip directly with a temperature controlled hot air gun (just bought) and pick up a chip with a sharp nose plier. Tried on small chips like the video one on unused boards with full success without tamper with any other components.

Good luck

Jack

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.