Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

You should do it yourself because ...

Even though cics has made this easier, this is still not like buying a CD player. There will be times when something goes a little funny and if you went through the process of assembly and set-up you will kow how to fix it.

Maybe after cics finalizes everything it might make for a stable set-up but with the changes he graciously shares with all, it does require you to know your machine.

I think you might be surprised at how gratifying it is to build the thing and make the mistakes, learn from the mistakes, and come up with this great deivce. You will then have mastered the thing and will have no fear of something going wrong. You will be able to fix it.

I admit I have had many periods of frustration, but it makes it all the better when you figure it out. Of course, most of these times was with the assistance of cics. So, it is only fair for those of us who have benefitted from his kindness to do the same for others. I would think you would readily find help if you run into trouble.

I must admit I like tinkering with things. Though I had never worked on the inside of a computer before. It is not daunting. I think chimpanzees could assemble these things. You simply cannot put important wires in the wrong place, it is all very carefully worked out.

If you have never assembled anything in your life, maybe you should get someone to help you. Otherwise, jump in and do it.

If you run into trouble ask for help on the forum.

You did not say where you are, maybe one of us is in your part of the world.

The effort is worthwhile. You should do it!

Cordially,

Rick McInnis

PS I have told cics he should make a SIGNATURE version of the machine, but of course, this would have to sell for $10,000, so all the better to build it for yourself. I figured if he put it into prodduction then it could get reviewd and we would get the benefit of hearing one of the annointed tell us how good it is.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You should do it yourself because ... - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 08:08:14 06/26/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.