Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Closer

Hey Seger,

In a fully optimized cMP setup, I only have to change DCOM service to Manual and start it, then right click on My Computer, select Manage, then select Disk Management, right click on the Partition in question and select change drive letter and follow that through.

That worked and I changed it to drive H. But here is the very weird part. The cue sheets work if I click on them in the folder view, and cplay opens and plays. BUT from CMP I get an error. FOr some reason it is ADDING to the address and extra "H:\Dawnrazor" so the address that cmp is looking at is "H:\Dawnrazor\H:\Dawnrazor...." The cuesheets address is correct in the file and I know this from looking and the fact that they play in cplay.

I thought it MIGHT be because they are in different places ie the cue is in a different folder. But I tested this by moving the cue to the folder with the .wavs and while it didn't show up in cmps initial "your cues are messed up" diagnostic, it refused to play it anyhow.

What is going on?

"Drive g comes up as drive H in my other pc" : Do you mean by this that you are moving the HDD out of the cmp computer and the music partition is labeled differently? If that's what's going on, that's to be expected - just put it back where it was, please! You don't need to move your HDD to make cuesheets.

Actually it is easier to move to another computer to do it. A. I don't have to install anymore stuff on the cmp rig, and B. the other computer is more comfortable for that kind of stuff.

And the reason I am in this mess is because I was doing what you suggested and using foobar to edit my cuesheets. (OK I did that years ago so it is not your fault :)) See none of the cues had any track titles due to amq, so I was manually adding them. I only got to about 30% of the files and those are the ones that are messed up. I am guessing that foobar switched to an absolute address and the other files have eacs non-absolute address and that is why those work.

Yeah, I know I am not special. Just late to the cmp2 party. Typical Dawnrazor....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Closer - Dawnrazor 17:11:25 03/27/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.