Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks for the help I got it sorted out

Mostly.

I can do 192k with a buffer of 32. Sure there are the slightest ticks when moving the scroll wheel crazily, but it is stable. Though the old hardware never had that issue.

Though I am having trouble with Allocator and 192k. With SRC it is just not working. I can get 176 with a buffer of 512 and it seems to be stable though I dare not open the allocator while I am playing.

It seems that any kind of display causes problems.

So looks like I settle for 176 or less.

I might not even stress but Playmate told me he had 192k with a buffer of 256 and cpu speed of 900hz. So that begs the question of what is wrong with my setup.

I believe my earlier troubles were mostly my fault in that I either failed to load the mobo drivers or uninstalled them using the control panel and getting rid of the intel management software. And I was using an old print out of the instructions. This time I used cics site and I think there were some differences.

Finally on this build I couldnt get the internet to work. The driver was there with no errors but I couldnt seem to get an ip address. (Weird. never had that issue in all these years....typical of my recent cmp2 build. It was like all my good luck got magnified and reversed at the same time.) So I never authenticated windows. Usually minlog gets rid of that RIGHT???? Well I suppose I will know in about 26 days :)

Thanks for all those who helped here or sent me e-mails. It was much appreciated.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.