Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Summary of Juli@ mods

Theob,

Yes, I'm using the analog out of the Juli@. I'm actually very impressed with the SQ I'm getting, but I know it can be improved. I suspect that with better power supply bypassing and output coupling, it will rival many outboard DACs... and with separate linear supplies and upgraded regulators, it will beat most of them.

We'll just have to see. That's one of the main reasons I got a spare Juli@ card.

Later!

Greg in Mississippi

P.S. I should also say that the DAC I'm getting is just a circuit board with a seperate board for regulators. Since it will be connected via the I2S connection, which others have said is not very strong in the Juli@, I'll be locating it inside the computer case just beside the motherboard. Since it will start out with an upgraded chip in a minimalistic implementation, higher-end regulators and a separate set of power supplies, I do expect it will beat the Juli@'s internal DAC, even after modifying the Juli@'s analog circuitry.

Edits: 03/25/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Summary of Juli@ mods - GStew 06:50:43 03/25/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.