Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Well, I did the install with FAT

I read all of the stuff about security issues and thought for a computer that will never be attached to the internet, who cares?

What intrigued me was the simplicity of the system, that it does not fragment the files like NTFS and since you are not supposed to defragment the SSD, this seemed like an advantage.

I am sure it is inefficient which is why it became useless for serious storage but in my case I am using a 16gb SSD for only OS and software. Another who cares? scenario.

The only glitch I had was WINDOWS wanted to check the SSD for consistency two times on restarting but seems to not care about that now.

I do think the sound is slightly different. I think it is slightly brighter now. I have left the computer on playing and maybe with "burn in" this may go away. Not that it sounded wrong, just different.

There seems to be slightly greater spaciousness and layering of the images but ...

I did find where I was using SOX I might prefer SRC with this installation.

I will live with it until I screw something up again. (It is amazing how fast you can do cMP install when you have done another one recently)

Thanks for all comments.

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Well, I did the install with FAT - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 10:09:25 02/13/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.