Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: E7xxx processor all have same basic specifications (3MB Cache, Dual Core, VIDs, FSB) but different frequency

Ok. I was just curious as I had an E7300 processor available (it's in my ripping PC) and could change it pretty easily.

On the harddrive, I had it in the 3.5" bay with a homemade adapter that provided some vibration isolation (see attached picture). But when the drive touched the sides of the bay instead of being isolated, I noticed a SQ reduction. So I went to the setup in my picture in my previous post... the HDD is mounted to a bamboo block which sits on 4 isolators and has a damping weight on top. This works well as long as it's not pushed against the standoffs... which can happen when I am changing between the GD dirty supplies and the linear dirty supply and don't remember to check it's position.

Also, I figure anything that's not in the case won't be able to vibrate and possibly affect SQ.

Greg in Mississippi

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: E7xxx processor all have same basic specifications (3MB Cache, Dual Core, VIDs, FSB) but different frequency - GStew 10:14:42 03/25/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.