Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Effect of ferrite beads on dc power lines too P24, P4 and/or too Pico PSU’s

Ok Mark here is just a preliminary reaction/comment on this suggested tweak. I confess at being a high frequency freak in that I really enjoy listening to that portion of the spectrum in well recorded music. Anyway I initially misread the paper in that I put a ferrite bead over just the + cables of P4....didn't like it. It just sounded wrong. So I gave up. Then I re-read the article because its interesting and I discovered my hook up mistake. So hooked it up over the + and - portions of P4 correctly and there was a nice difference. BTW I hooked it around p4 just before the cap bank. On well recorded stuff (Morton Gould playing Billy the Kid, Ballet Rodeo and Grand Canyon Suite) the ferrite tweak added much depth and a bit of width to the soundstage and a bit more dynamics with a slight increase in air around instruments. On poorly recorded stuff (like the Ballet Rodeo above) it was just ok but on Grand Canyon Suite it was magnificient. So I need to run to Radio Shack to get more of these things for P24.

Nice tweak...you are becoming THE source of good tweaks for Cmp^2 on Audio Asylum! Well done.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.