Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Cics feedback on minlogon

Perhaps the biggest positive change in the entire process. I will admit this was a royal PITA to implement. Could not have done without seger's help. I was very apprehensive that I was going to mess something up. I took 5 days to inch by inch implement and yes the journey was worth it. The soundstage is deeper/wider perhaps by 30-40%. Bass is tighter, highs are more mellow (i.e., less bright) but revealing of more detail. Dynamics are to die for, just unbelievable to hear cd's I have had for 20 years spring to new life. The pppp sections are more quieter, I probably should replace the fan on my high frequency amplifier, I can now clearly hear it in ppp-pppp passages. The sonic changes are very very noticeable on full scale classical recordings, but surely better on jazz and popular music. Things that charecterize the sound are words like effortless, never hard, more detail, bigger space, quick, just wonderful. Yes I took nopae out from my boot up file. Per cpuz I'm at .976 volts at 180 clock speed. All other settings are as specified. I really don't know how you are going to improve on this
(i.e, Cplay 1.1) but all I can say keep going you are definitely on the right track. This playback system is, in the here and now, a work of art and a significant accomplishment by cics for music lovers everywhere to enjoy.

Edits: 09/03/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.