Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: HERE IT IS - IT'S LONG!!!!

ok Dave I want to try this but there are a lot of things for which I need more understanding.

First edit of cmp is easy I think. I create a new file in Notepad and replace my original cmp file in Program Files with this new one.

2nd: Second, create C:\logon.bat file:

Net use M: \\MusicServer\Music /user:MusicServer\User password:

where M:\ is the assigned drive letter, \MusicServer is (go on, take a guess) the network name of the music server, Music is the network name of the shared volume on the server and ‘User’ is a user authorised to access it (i.e. on the server, not on the target). The password is blank. No doubt a password would work but I've not tried.

E:\ is a partition on the target set up as the default user's ‘My Documents’ folder. (Under minlogon, only the default user can access things as there is no logging on. It works fine in practice.)

How do I do this? I can create a new file on Notepad but where do I put it? Do I have to name it? I have never 'knowingly' set up a bat file so I am unclear here.

3rd:Third, create C:\Reset.bat file.

@echo off
E:
RD E:\Music /s /q
MD E:\Music
c:\windows\explorer.exe

Again same question as above...how do I set this up?

I think I can struggle through the other steps but this is what I need to get started for now.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.