Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ow, I now see the mis-understanding. :-)

Hi Jolida,

Ow I now see the mis-understanding. :-)

I make use of P4 extension cables for their connectors. I buy a whole lot of P4 extensioncables and than I cut them in half and solder their connectors too the filters I’m experimention with on the P4, P24 and on the power line too the 3.3 V input at the Julia.
See picture.
Van on filtering, de-coupling, demping, ect

This way I can easily swap the filters in and out. It’s very easy this way too listen too the effects on sound quality with or without the filter in place in the power line.

I think the DExa can handle a very short spike of 1.3 mAmp. That’s why the short 1,3 spike causes no problem.

I red your doubts on the possible effect on dynamics, bass, ect. But these thoughts and effects are from the analogue audio domian. I think these effect and laws do not apply too the digital domain. Here it is about the effect of noise (high frequency ripple) on the power and on the Zero Volt (GND) and what effect this has on the proper function of: clocks, timers, logic, ect, ect. Which in the end all will result in some sort of jitter. Modern computers with proper drivers and proper software, don’t lose bits anymore. With the right drivers and right software audio can also be ‘bit perfect’. Just like your photo’s, documents and other files also are ‘bit perfect'. But in a modern PC the timing of the bits is mostly not optimized in the way it is important for high quality audio reproduction . Of course timing in a PC is very important for proper technical function. But unfortunately audio reproduction not always necessarily benefits from this in a PC. But sometimes it does. The new I core processors and chipsets do sound much better.

Mark

Edits: 08/25/11 08/25/11 08/25/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.