Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: In other words, signal quality matters greatly

Hi,

> What output transformer would you recommend for the Juli@
> to replace the Hanrun?

First, I do not know the Juli@ first hand, I have no idea of circuit implementation etc. So it is impossible to make an informed suggestion.

Second, simple transformer swapping gets you nowhere fast.

You need to be able to find a transformer that is sufficiently consistent in production (harder than you think) and characterise it's parasitic (unwanted) behaviours and then design a circuit that gets the best out of this transformer.

For example people ask me "Which transformer do you use for your musiland mod's, I want to try them."

My answer is always:

"Knowing Brand and type will not help you, unless you know my exact application circuit, which is not for public dissemination. And to avoid negativity from people using the transformers wrong and then complaining they are not good and this reflecting back badly on my designs I'm not telling the first part either."

I hope you understand.

Ciao T

Ciao T
Thor

At 20 bits, you are on the verge of dynamic range covering fly-farts-at-20-feet to intolerable pain. Really, what more could we need?

Edits: 06/18/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: In other words, signal quality matters greatly - Thorsten 09:26:29 06/18/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.