Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Lynx AES16 Or AES16e?

hey smicyta,

have been looking forward to any relevant response to your question, but it seems it´s one of those tricky ones that hardly can be answered.
who would have compared them 1:1 ?
I´m sure that lynx support can answer why both of these cards are in their portfolio.

the PCIexpress bus is definitely the faster connection compared to the regular PCI, so in a multiple channel mixing scenario it should allow less latency, jitter and distortion....and a better signal-to-noise ratio.
I doubt it will have any relevance in a domestic stereo or 4 channel mode.

the lynx soundcards are all blessed by superior driver maintenance and continuous upgrades from the manufacturer, and that, I believe is the main reason for their success among professional studios.
it is my observation that the ongoing development of drivers is a vital key to staying on top of the game in digital audio, and
find it remarkable that some of lynx products, despite their age, are so highly reputed.
I can only be astonished how much quality has improved with every new version of their drivers !

Hysolid // Mytek Brooklyn // Spectron Musician III // Analysis Audio Omega

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.