Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Changing drive letters so cues work

In a fully optimized cMP setup, I only have to change DCOM service to Manual and start it, then right click on My Computer, select Manage, then select Disk Management, right click on the Partition in question and select change drive letter and follow that through.

"Drive g comes up as drive H in my other pc" : Do you mean by this that you are moving the HDD out of the cmp computer and the music partition is labeled differently? If that's what's going on, that's to be expected - just put it back where it was, please! You don't need to move your HDD to make cuesheets.

Guessing from your description of your files, RCC might make a mess of the cuesheets, and EAC may not work for many of them - same happens for a lot of my music, so don't feel too special! Just use foobar cuesheet creator and deal with the manual editing for your wav cuesheets that will be needed - slowly, over time it will come together. Keep the cuesheets in the folders with the music as you have been doing, and don't worry about the full-address cuesheets for now - you can mess with that later.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Changing drive letters so cues work - seger 16:27:47 03/27/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.