Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Your post raises the question that ...

maybe the fact that I am using the internal CPU in real-time to do the upsampling, etc. is why I am hearing such a difference?

At the same time I wonder if those who were not enamored of SOX and SRC might have a better impression with the SSD installed?

It could well be that if you do the processing before, and your CPU usage becomes minimal there might not be the same difference as I am hearing.

If it turns out to be an either/or thing - one can say it is much easier to just have the music on the HDD and play it instead of all of that work.

Now, the logistics of getting two, otherwise similar, cMP setups in the same room with SSD and real time upsampling and regular HDD and offline upsampling.

Being basically a lazy man who just wants to listen to music while sipping rye whiskey, I hope the SSD/real time approach is, at least, almost as good!

I do look forward to hearing your impressions with your new implementation, Theo.

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.