Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The ground wire connection to the P24 ground did it

Welcome... and same to you!

Your BIOS instability does not surprise me. I noticed something similar on stability when I went to the fully-linear supply from the Pico-PSU-based linear-hybrid one... I could run a step or two lower in voltage.

Also on the grounding, when I was tracing out the USB power connection last night, I noticed that the ground pin on the USB cable side of the Molex plug had pulled out (I HATE those connectors... I bet there's a good sonic upgrade available in replacing them!) and was not making contact. I pushed it back in and made sure my wire dressing and component placement (especially HDD) was right... and when I re-booted the system, the sonic 'robustness' through the lower midrange & sense of dynamics & 'bounciness' that had been missing for a couple of weeks and that I assumed was due to Alan Maher CBT's & AC filter chokes breaking in came back. They were (and still are) breaking in... but it was not just that.

I definitely need to setup better ground routing on my 'dirty' connections... I did it very haphazardly back then.

Very glad that the grounding fixed your USB mouse issue.

Later!

Greg in Mississippi
Everything matters!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.