Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - the open source high-end Memory Player

thank you dawnrazor. I will give that a go tonight, and let you know. I have managed to copy ONLY some tracks, but to get the cue file seemed to be the bug, so will try the one you linked to.

I hope my first point was clear tho, presume you mean the 'opacity' bit. That could be the wrong term, was quite a few months ago. I was trying to re-find the latency thing again, I had played with it previously, and IIRC the thing I clicked on had a series of percentages. I must have chosen a low percentage, which I think meant that 'it faded away' and can no longer see it.

I hope there are enough clues in there that someone can work out what I am talking about. I want to get back into the latency menu, and (maybe by changing the mobo software??) be able to use a lower latency.

Tho I had dropouts when I last tried it, felt there was better ambience at the lower latency. WHY would that be?? Is not latency just some sort of delay before playback starts? and if so, why should it sound different with different latencies. There must be something, else why have options and recommendations to have the lowest latency possible.

But why should they be different?

Anyway, that is 'off topic' and for now I'd like to at least get back into the menu, which has dissappeared due to my stupidity.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: cMP - the open source high-end Memory Player - terry j 21:46:07 08/22/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.