Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks

Julien,

Thanks again. I wonder where this version (f9d) came from? One wonders why it is not at GIGABYTE. Was this someone's labor of love like cmP?

I have not had any problems with changing BIOS. Since you can use the USB memory things these days to do this it makes it very simple. I have never had trouble with that

I am getting ready to install it so if I find something goes wrong I will let you know.

I, too, was intrigued by the removal of chips from the board but going from memory I got the feeling it did not really accomplish that much. De-soldering is much harder than soldering. I am fairly brave when it comes to modifying stuff but this is completely out of my league!

I did not think we were to be guinea pigs for this board. I trust cics's instincts and have followed him before when my instinct told me his instinct was correct with previous versions.

I have been a dedicated LP guy for the last couple of years after not having a turntable for the previous two years. In that time I greatly enjoyed the evolution of cmP and the generosity of cics. While I do not think any digital system will ever mimic the unique quality of the LP there are good qualities to digital, too. The most important being how much music I like that is not available otherwise.

After two years I started missing those recordings and am looking forward to hearing the progress made.

I do not think you will have any trouble getting the board to post. When the message appears asking you if you want to use the ACHI "system" either ignore it entirely (it will go away after an interval) or "hit any key" as the instructions say to not see the message again (which is true until you make a change to BIOS settings). You should have no problem unless the board is defective!

Remember, when in BIOS to hit hit "control/F1" to get all of the possible choices. I would let the board, with cmP running on repeat, burn-in for a few days before trying to get to the 0.65 volts for the CPU. I started out with all of the other settings but with voltage around 0.9. When you try to go low too quickly you likely will overstep and have to re-set BIOS (at those pins with a small length of wire) and start all over again. Not the end of the world but just wanted to let you know. If I am telling you stuff you already know please forgive me.

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.