Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Good Tools for Windows XP tunning

I have just done my second step for my computer transport. For windows optimisation I used a tool name nlite www.nliteos.com. It's freeware. It able you to make a fool install cd for windows xp. the first step is to select what windows components you want or don't want and after it build you a windows xp bootable install disk totaly custmized. The level of contrôl is very high. The original I386 folder is 540 MB, mine is only 89,6 MB. After installation all windows directories (Windows, program files, personal ... ) are only 260 MB. Running windows take only 29 MB of ram. All the settings for windows optimisation are save in a INI file. So it could be possible to distribuate here this file after fine tweaking and testing.

They is another tool name xplite, www.litepc.com, (a freeware and a 39$ version) it allow you to fine tune all the windows components. Just had a quick look but can be a good tool and a very easy way to do things.

The question is I don't know if theses tools can go futher than the CICS windows optimisations. In a screan shoot of the CICS doc, It is possible to see the task manager with a load of 40 MB. So It's 10 MB more than I have.

Nicolas.

Edits: 03/17/08 03/17/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.