Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE:cplay dsd capability

In posting about it, I may have mislead unintentionally. I did not use the "path" to call execution in via "full cMP". I should have said that I called Foobar2k and JRiver from their desktop icons...

...in the [cMP-controlled] WinXP environment. The reason is that cMP optimizations begin even before the full force of the cMP "shell" is activated. No matter which of its 2 modes this altered Windows install boots into, cMP is always calling the shots to some extent. cMP is really always on. To the naked eye, a normal boot & desktop may look ordinary yet cMP (plus other changes) is already in effect.

Since I had the Schiit Loki for just 3 days, I went for installing & running these programs and the drivers this way:
-- a fully cMP hardware/OS optimized per Cics instructions (normally used for cPlay only)
-- booting into this cMP/WinXP install (but not into the full cMP wrap or shell, where cPlay is the only one used)
-- running each (Foobar2K and JRiver) as separate programs "off desktop icons"

I should have made this clear. My apologies. I am adding other details in the reply to your email. (Edit: In doing so, I just realized that it is well worth keeping a good backup of the whole system. My cPlay install became somewhat corrupted when I added Foobar & JRiver but I left it as is... planning to restore the backup.)

Edits: 07/10/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE:cplay dsd capability - JBen 23:08:45 07/10/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.