Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The ground wire connection to the P24 ground did it

When I connect my USB hard disk, it powers up but it does not get recognised in windows.

If all the USB ports are definitely enabled, you could try re-enabling the Logical Disk Management service (assuming of course you have disabled it) and taking a look at what it reports. If LDM sees the drive but Windows in general doesn't, it's a known Windows bug (that will certainly, definitely be fixed in SP106).

Change the drive letter [Action > All Tasks > Change Drive Letters] and try again. I get this all the time when hooking backup drives in and out of various boxes.

If that doesn't work (and to help retrieve your mouse), go into Device Manager and see if the devices are recognised there. At least until you retrieve the thing, I'd be minded to use a wired mouse.

You should see the drive under Disk drives, the mouse under Mice and other pointing devices and both under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

They worked fine just a day earlier...

That's probably why you didn't post a day earlier . . . :)

BTW, have you checked that the HDD works fine on a different computer?? Especially as it's bus-powered, I'd be minded to check. Bus-powered drives can be moody.

HTH

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.