Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yes it is a "decent" MB!

I had previous to your post disabled the TURBO BOOST stuff.

Since you are using it I had to try it.

It took quite a few cycles to get close to the values you are using and I think this is causing some usage problems - not actual sonic problems even though I do get the occasional loud crackle which I cold live with and a few episodes of a sudden blue screen with a consequent squeal coming from the loudspeakers.

Please tell me what you think the advantages of this thing is.

It seems like a current limiter as opposed to a regulator which makes me think back to your original posting on the H61 boards where you noticed the occasional spike in current. Was this with or without the TURBO B engaged? One wonders if my problems are caused by the MB needing extra current but the demand is "blacked" by TURBO BOOST?

I am able to use even lower (not much) values for the memory that Serge's suggestions. And the board will boot every time.

I gave you the wrong voltage for memory - I am able to use 1.22 volta.

Can't go as low with the CPU voltages as you - if I go too low the board cannot load the JULI@ ASIO drivers - very strange - never had that problem with the H55 board - it either worked fine or died well before the cMP screen.

I use the 512mB memory since that was what cics recommended and he recommended it for the low power it required versus larger sizes. It is a KINGSTON VALUE RAM also. I should try the 1M and see what happens.

Thanks again for your help,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.