Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Library Scanning Behaviour in cMP Program...

Hi cics

Thanks for cMP 1.2... nice changes to the UI. I have a request concerning the library scanning behaviour: is it possible to omit the initial scan when cMP launches - and save that function for the REFRESH button.

My reason is this - when I launch cMP in XP-mode, it's only to switch over to cMP-mode (and reboot), but I've no way to bypass the lengthy time it takes to scan my library first. Only then can I get to the Settings panel (and the "start cMP" button). If the scanning occurred only in response to the REFRESH button, it would save me a frustrating five minutes every time I want to enjoy HQ listening.

My cMP environment is software-only (until Santa drops some hardware down the chimney !). It lives on a dedicated primary C:\ partition (which is obviously hidden during times of "other" computing).

To get to cMP, I have to flip the HIDE|UNHIDE switches on the MBR (thanks gdisk !), reboot - and up comes cMP-Land in XP-mode. Launch cMP program and wait 90 seconds while it scans the HD. Then get into Settings to switch to cMP-mode. Reboot. Wait another 90 seconds before I get control - and maybe wish to point to different folders for this listening session. Hit REFRESH button to scan new folders. Select music and Enjoy !

Of course, it's just about as onerous getting back to the other C:\ partition, since I need to be in XP-mode to execute the gdisk script that does the HIDE|UNHIDE switch prior to rebooting.

Not much else to say, except I hope this request is reasonable, doesn't go against some philosophy of which I'm unaware, and maybe will be included in the next cMP update.

Thanks for considering it...
Cheers,
Grant
That's not a Toy... IT'S A TOOL !!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.