Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Clearly we disagree about agreement.

"A system isn't high resolution if it's being influenced by external noise."

I agree with this statement, as modified:

A system isn't high resolution while it's being significantly influenced by external noise.

"As a system's "resolution" increases there is absolutely no reason to expect it to become more susceptable to noise."

I disagree completely with this statement. Take my present system. When it is powered off it is extremely low resolution. (No more so than a brick.) It is also extremely insensitive to noise. When powered on it it experiences a huge increase in resolution (Although I make no claims as to it being "high" resolution it does resolve the difference between Chet Baker and Frederich von Stade singing "My Funny Valentine".) Unfortunately when powered on it becomes susceptible to noise from a variety of sources, including most obviously a nearby cell phone. I could easily provide a technical explanation on why there is a positive correlation between resolution and susceptibility to interference but I picked an example that should be understandable by all "air breathers".

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.