Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Accuracy?

I am talking about standards for music that has some claim to art. This includes classical music and some jazz. Perhaps some other genres. Not pop music which, by definition, is purely commercial.

The concept of building expensive components, such as speakers, that are deliberately designed to bias the sound and then charging extra for this is completely bogus, if not actually deceptive, IMO. If one wants to bias sound this can be done economically by tone controls or slightly more expensive parametric equalizers. These can be used to adjust or fix poor recordings and then removed when playing good recordings. With a computer audio system this can be done once and the adjusted version saved for future reference.

Perhaps you are in the business of selling to people who want a recording of a Steinway to sound like a Bosendorfer. When I play a piano recording, I want to be able to recognize the make and model of the piano. I am sure there are people out there who are clueless and have lots of money to blow, so it is "good business" according to some such concepts. Not mine.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.