Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Well I admit....

that I am one of those who believes perception is all that matters. OT -But at the outset there's no reason to conclude that such an attitude assures a colored or inaccurate audio system.

Trying to speak objectively, the designed in i/o characteristics of the interconnected components enables an interconnect to influence the sound of the system.

If one believes the design of components should be such as to minimize the influence of the interconnect (ie. handle it's nature as if it's a nasty like RFI) then one can determine component performance based on how much an interconnect influences the sound of system. I think at one time this was considered good form.

On the other hand many audiophiles seem to believe susceptability to interconnect differences indicates a more revealling audio component. So to meet the demand why worry much about the i/o characteristic of the components and allow the end-user to select the interconnects that sound best. I think theres more of this these day - or maybe I just run into it more often.

A few years ago, I just adopted the Kimber line of interconnects as my reference - I've got KCAG throughout one system and PBJ in the other. I'm very comfortable doing this and if someone tells me that a component I am going to demo is going to sound lots better with some other interconnect I'll listen but I'm going to be real suspicious right from the outset if it actually does.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Well I admit.... - Don Till 16:05:16 05/31/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.