Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Side effects

>you will accept the doctor's advice and take the drug. You will not question the results of tests of that drug off-hand just because you were not involved in the clinical tests.<

Neither you nor Meyer/Moran are my doctor! :)

Seriously, just about everyone trusts their doctor when it comes to prescribing meds. Most of us have no choice. And it's too dangerous for us to try various meds ourselves. In other words, we lack the experience to contradict the doctor.

>No one's talking about myths at this point. The issue is whether or not the test results of an arbitrary bunch of people are valid for the rest of us<

The issues are one and the same, or at least completely intertwined. Any test results that show that all cables sound alike are not valid for the rest of us. There may be some cables that sound identical to all people in all applications - indeed, maybe many. There are likely many people that could not discern any differences that were present. But not all 1 meter interconnects or 10 ft speaker cables that don't show gross anomalies in the measurements sound alike to all people in all applications. Such results are valid only for the people taking the test.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.