Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

It's time for you to stop quoting snippets with no context.

For one thing, I already mentioned that "some gear is quieter than others," so it isn't as if you are pointing out to me that noise floor is relevant to transparency.

Now, I posed the issue of why one would want equipment where different interconnects make much difference at line level. This does not presuppose that there are such differences, nor does it presuppose there are not such differences, since the question refers to what one might "want." Neither does it presuppose there are not such differences--it's about what one would "want." There may be reasons why someone would want the sound to be different, but as I have pointed out before, interconnects and speaker cables is a rather inconvenient and expensive way of achieving it, and usually not very effective, except maybe psychologically.

When I talk about "alleged" sonic differences, it meant audible differences that have not been established. This neither affirms nor denies that such differences exist, just that they have not been established in whatever situation is relevant, as when a reviewer or audiophile ascribes all sorts of qualities to interconnect A as opposed to interconnect B. There's no reason to suppose he/she can actually detect those differences without some good evidence and that is hardly ever supplied.

-----
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas Tusser

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.