Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Ah. So anybody who asks you for evidence you imply exists is a skeptic?

Define skeptic. For me, with no supporting information provided, I will indeed be "skeptical" of outrageous claims.. Given supporting information which is clearly incorrect, and my stating such, is not skepticism.

>>>I define skeptic in the real sense of the word to be someone who's questioning, curious and willing to take the effort, sometimes considerable, to get to the bottom of things. I define Skeptic - with a capital S - to be someone who claims to be a skeptic but who is unwilling to get off his Barcolounger and get to the bottom of things.

>>>Define "outrageous claim." Do you mean like the claim there's a supermassive black hole in the center of our galaxy as well as in the center of most galaxies? LOL

Do you think I'm not a skeptic?

I'd be skeptical of that claim...:-)

>>>No, actually you'd be Skeptical of that claim. LOL

I have yet to see a power cord test of any kind, in situ, which had any scientific validity whatsoever.

>>>Hmmmm, sounds like we have a volunteer. When can expect the results? LOL

Edits: 05/28/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ah. So anybody who asks you for evidence you imply exists is a skeptic? - geoffkait 08:02:26 05/28/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.