Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Speaker Cable Differences Measured

See:
http://www.audiodesignline.com/201807390;jsessionid=3MNB3RGV143GZQE1GHOSKHWATMY32JVN?pgno=1

Click on the graphics to see an enlarged view (wait for it to load and auto-minimize, then click on it again to expand).

Very interesting that with a resistive load, nothing, but with a real loudspeaker, input/output differences show up.

The section with the loudspeaker cable measurements is "Part 5", and has three pages, look down at the bottom of the page to continue to the next page.
Part 6 has two pages and concludes their section on loudspeaker cables, is linked from the bottom of page 3 of Part 5.
(For those who might have trouble, here is the Part 6 page 1 URL:
http://www.audiodesignline.com/howto/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=202101992
)

Very interesting in that the authors are Pro Sound Recording Studio types, who are nothing if not pragmatic, and their article is written from the POV of concerns and issues for a recording studio monitor loudspeaker.

I also note the use of a multitone test signal, whose particulars were developed primarily by Dr. Alexander Voishvillo (formerly with Cerwin-Vega, now with Harmon Int.), who cites and references my own multitone paper in several of his papers, as well as discusses it within one of his AES papers.

Google Dr. Alexander Voishvillo, and you will see he is no light-weight.

Now, will the objectionists finally allow that there is true evidence of cable differences, or will this be swept under the rug as usual?

Jon Risch

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Speaker Cable Differences Measured - Jon Risch 17:38:12 05/26/10 (330)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.