Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

That's laughable!

"Purity and transparency. High resolution. Do you honestly not understand the meaning of those words when placed in that context?"

Yes I understand. He's talking about "high resolution" per the digital definition - higher bit rates. But it doesn't matter even if I forget that you miss that point there you're still off the mark.

There's no doubt he's making sense on some level, but we aren't talking tech babble or psuedo science. We're talking about design criteria.

From the onset I said that resolution has a real meaning, ie. a dimension if you want to sound mystical, in terms of digital.

Funny how you would use terms like "purity and transparency" in order to further your exploration into this mystical world.

One might have a sense of greater purity and transparency with high resolution systems but the use of those terms is analogous with using the term resolution outside of the context of it's digital definition.

There is no measurement for purity and transparency nor is there a measurement for resolution (outside of the digital context).

The engineering dimensions involved in those decriptive terms of perception are subjective at best and surely resolution, purity and transparency can be achieved without even considering such dimensions.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.