Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: There's a lot of anger out there..........

""Tell us why the (D) if you aren't selling stuff.""

Full disclosure. I can take it away. We've covered this ground: you've already done the legwork here. I've never promoted products here and always written as an audiophile. C'mon....

""Your example with amplifiers may not be valid. Amplifiers interact with the speakers they are driving."

Amps, speakers, many digital players: all have varying degrees of neutrality and colorations, along with rooms and cables. Many of these individual components vary in the degree, and interact with each other and the room to varying degrees? Are you trying to deny this? Are you trying to assert that I'm not correct in saying that the differences between a Quad speaker and a Dynaudio are not radically different? Or the tubed Viva and the solid state Halcro's sound remotely alike? Compare Wilson, Avalon, and JMLab speakers and with the same amplification: the differences are so substantial, one can't help but be shocked.

C'mon Tony......

I would love to know the recording system, and the playback system, and circumstances in which you've achieved similar results wherein an almost live recording was difficult to tell the difference with a real live instrument.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.