Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Time to step back and review your comments :)

Why one would want equipment where different interconnects make much difference at line level is another question...

Well, it certainly is a question of alleged sonic differences,

"Where interconnects make such difference". All of my comments have followed your scenario where the difference is assumed by you. Not "alleged". If there are no differences, then your first comment about not wanting certain equipment is irrelevant. My observations have followed your scenario where difference DO EXIST and to further determine why there are differences, not that they exist.

Revealing detail, which must mean someone hears more detail, actually is not the same as transparency.

Sure. And it is not always due to having a rising high end. Many times it is due to having a lower noise floor where the tonal balance, if anything, is darker and might be perceived as "duller".

You should act on your tag line. Your comments have taken you on a weird circular path where you have negated your own question.

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.