Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: ""which criteria happened to be non-subjective""

"Specifications, measurements, are not conducted until after the fact: after the device "sounds good."

Sounds like you believe the marketing literature. The time to use these techniques is before doing subjective listening as they are a quick and efficient way to eliminate many obvious mistakes and navigate through a large maze of design possibilities. Unrestricted "cut and try" is simply a waste of time. The exception would be when making a minor change to an existing design. That case is really not an exception, because it is part of an ongoing design process.

Published "specifications" are marketing literature. If a manufacturer is honest they must be determined after a product has been completed and is in production. They are not to be confused with preliminary specifications, which are a list of design requirements and goals.

I doubt that successful artisan designers are quite so simple minded as you believe. If they convey such an image, chances are it is part of the mystic they are promulgating.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.