Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Yes but no....

Your response sounds good and to a degree I agree. But like everything audio....

I was considering purchasing the Vandersteen 2Cs at one time. My dealer told me he had a pair of PSB Stratus Golds I could have for the same price and I thought way cool as the Golds retailed for about a grand more.

To make the long story short I listened to many interconnects and only a pair of $1200 Transparents allowed the system to sound good - everything else sounded harsh.

Eventually I upgrade from the Golds and the Transparents just weren't very good in the new system - bettered by far less expensive interconnects.

Three points -

1.) The most expensive interconnect worked best in the lower priced system.

2.) The most expensive interconnect worked worst in the most expensive system.

Contrary to your point -
3.) Taking the time to find the right interconnect, in this case the most expensive interconnect, allowed my to enjoy a purchase otherwise unenjoyable.

Supporting your point -
4.) In the long run the Transparent purchase was actually not much more than throwing good money after bad. However given ones financial condition it could be the best choice.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.