Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

The *someone*

used the term in the "technical dimension" of what he uses as the ADC for producing his recordings. This thread proves a point. Dialtones like RBNG claim there is no proof for audible differences in "reasonable" lengths of cable. He has been proven wrong, but will no doubt stick his head up now and again and continue to preach his manifesto in ignorance. I just brought to your attention a recording producer using the term in the "technical dimension".

The wonderful thing about the English language is there are multiple terms to describe characteristics. Speaking of the same professional gear as the Sony producer is Bob Woods from Telarc (who I had the pleasure of meeting when I played a minor role in an ASO recording years ago):

"The sonic purity and transparency of the Meitner converters have been key in Telarc's success in using DSD technology to make the best sounding SACD's that can be produced. All of Telarc's pure DSD/SACD titles have been made using Meitner converters."

Bob Woods
President and Recording Engineer
Telarc International Corporation"

Purity and transparency. High resolution. Do you honestly not understand the meaning of those words when placed in that context?

You may deny the language "Till" the cows come home. :)

rw

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.