Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

This is my last effort to help you - if you still don't "get it" just move on.

I told you to "move on" originally because I am very familiar with your obstinacy .

"Now back to your comprehension issue: your "logic" as presented by this piece of sheer genius, "beauty is not independent or seperable from intelligence," is an arguable opinion held by you, and hardly represents a universal truth. But that's really beside the point, as you STILL have no idea how badly you butchered Tony's analogy with your interpretation."

OK I admit it would be very difficult for me to find an unintelligent woman beautiful. It is my opinion of course.

"Here's Tony's post in question: "I did not posit an inverse relationship or any kind of causal relationship for that matter. Let me try a completely different example to illustrate what I meant. It is easy to find a beautiful woman. It is easy to find an intelligent woman. It is not so easy to find a beautiful intelligent woman. Adding constraints makes a problem more difficult."

Ok he said that.

But what he said that I am in disagreement with is

"In the real world of engineering, rejection of spurious signals is one design dimension and resolution is a different design dimension. "

As if we can have poor rejection of spurious signals in a high resolution system.

Just like I could never find a unintelligent woman beautiful (his analogy not mine) I would never conclude a noisy system is a high resolution one.

Granted one might try to claim in a noise free environment that such a system is high resolution - fair enough. Just like if I was stranded on an island or stuck in an institution I would eventually learn to see brain damaged, convicted or moronic woman as being beautiful.

I don't live on an island nor do I have a noise free environment. I live in the real world.

Edits: 06/09/10 06/09/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.