Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

nice response

The only thing I want to add is that equipment susceptable to external influences, ie. the physical characteristics and attributes of cables/wires, is often deemed by many audiophiles as being more revealling or of having higher resolution. I'm sure that what some would consider marginal design constructs are quite intentional on the part of many manufacturers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm most certainly a relativist, and think such design choices are perfectly fair and reasonable especially given the diversity of audiophile purpose, individual preference and the fuzzy nature of a stereo recording itself.

A thing that really bothers me about the marketing vehicles is how they attempt to walk this line between objective credibility and growing the industry. IMO it's this kind of dumbing down of audiophiles that gives rise to this kind of objectivist v. subjective debate which really makes audiophiles in general look quite foolish and ignorant as well.

At a minimum a subjectivist wishing any credibility would understand the importance of blind testing and level matching. Those not in search of credibility should simply avoid the topic enjoy their pursuit on their own terms otherwise a "Sad Sack Marketing Sap is Me" tee-shirt is appropriate.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.