Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Thanks for the posting. You can see that it will have no impact. Facts don't matter in faith discussions. nt

"Facts don't matter in faith discussions"

I suppose the issue is where is the "faith" and where are the "facts".
If your trying to get to the bottom of something, you draw a conclusion based on the sum of the observable reality.

In the testing I have been directly involved in, the large changes people said they heard from the cables they brought, disappeared into insignificance when they didn’t know which cable they were hearing in the same system with the same music.

When the ONLY thing that changed was prior knowledge, then what they were sure they heard but then didn't, had nothing to do with the cables and everything to do with what they knew / expected.
If you really can't tell which is which without knowing which is which, right after the difference when knowing was "obvious", what are you "hearing"?

An engineering approach involves measuring and theory to be sure but that same engineering approach would require that ones perception be tested too.
If someone can hear the difference without prior knowledge of which is which, then that IS the engineering fact finding approach applied to human senses and the origin will also be present hidden in the measurements somewhere.

This will generally not help aftermarket "add on" sales however which like the Kinoki foot pad, depends partly or entirely on faith to work.
While it had a decent following of the faithful believers, the disbelieving skeptic points to the internal layer of ash as the source of the "gunk " it supposedly "removes" though your feet and the problematic human physiology as an argument why it doesn't work factually in spite of faith in it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Thanks for the posting. You can see that it will have no impact. Facts don't matter in faith discussions. nt - tomservo 09:39:59 06/04/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.