Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: erroneous conclusions

You call the measurements poor and inadequate. In order to make such statements you sure must be most competent, technically that is, in that particular discipline. So just go ahead and prove that the measurements are what you say they are (just don't sing the old song of "we can't measure what we hear").

Closed minded and erroneous conclusion: when 10 years ago I wanted to buy new speakers I wanted to know what is important in speakers and what is not. Call that closed minded, if you like. I found criteria that I considered most useful for selecting those speakers, which criteria happened to be non-subjective. So I bought those speakers which are the top model of a brand well respected in professional circles, a brand that is around since more than 50 years. If you call that choice erroneous, that's your opinion but nothing more. My opinion obviously is different.

Denigrating: when audio gear doesn't meet the criteria I consider important I call this gear bad. If I see speakers having roller coaster on-axis response, then yes, in my book such speakers are blatantly bad. YMMV. You guys call audio gear that does not meet audiophile standards, whatever that might be, crap.

Ignorance: I choose to use selection criteria different from yours, for good reasons. It's your opinion that certain things need to be experienced, not mine. Any problem with that? Do I call you ignorant because you listen to the gear and don't care about measurements? You certainly are in my book!

Klaus

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.