Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: I have faith in Brad's personal integrity

So, that's settled then. Which means that in fact the setups used for the test were ok (source material (check out David Moran's posts in the linked thread), gear, method), except they did not meet "audiophile standards". Unless I missed something, nobody pointed towards a real flaw AND PROVIDED SOLID EVIDENCE. Just assumption and opinions. As for allegedly insufficient resolution of gear, room, listener, where does it say that you need Harry Pearson's personal system?

However, as far as the listener is concerned, I agree with J. Gordon Holt:

"The listener is the heart of the high-fidelity system, and is noted for having high distortion, poor frequency response, marginal stability, and arbitrarily variable performance characteristics. Listener instability is the most common form of defect in a high-fidelity system, which is why manufacturers recommend that the ears be checked periodically by a qualified service agency to ensure that they meet their specifications. Defective ears may be cleaned with anti static spray or a mild washday detergent containing a wetting agent, or may be replaced by a microphone and an oscilloscope or, in cases where there is little interest in music, by a camera and a well-equipped dark-room."

Klaus

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.