Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: systems that measure flat at their listening position

Measured flat, how? On axis? Total power output? The transducer maps between different dimensional spaces, hence is not easily characterized by a single number. With microphones there is the same issue, but the function is in the opposite direction.

I have no use for the AES papers because of the charges for downloading. They violate my system of ethics. All this material should be available for free download, as the authors are not paid royalties and the referees are also unpaid. The membership dues are more than adequate to cover costs of distribution (running a publications web server.) and I would have no problem with charging authors for page charges if they are not members of the organization, as there are (small) one time costs. However professional societies are not serving their purpose if they are not disseminating information. In the past it was necessary to charge per copy because there were incremental distribution costs. This is no longer true. I only pay money for journal articles if I need them for work that brings me paid revenue or if I have a specific question that I need answered for a project I am working on. I certainly will not pay money to read an article a poster has submitted in an a debate. This policy applies to all organizations, AES, IEEE, ACM, ANSI, ITU, and worse the paid publishing houses.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.