Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

It's either a "fact" or it isn't

Since we have no definition for art: (at least a universally recognized one, (universalizable), anything anyone claims is art is art. It's only up to us as individuals to say that that is either not good art as they define it, or not art as they define it.

You are right, no manufacturer would ever want to give you the measurements, because they are inadequate to describe the sound. This is why basing much of anything on measurements is a fools errand. Wherein, differing rooms will bring about differing measurements. I speaker reacts differently to different applications. This not only has relevancy with rooms, but with amplification. If you take the Wilson Sophia for example: much has been ballyhooed about its poor measurements: yet, applying the speaker in the way the manufacturer recommends can make it a stellar performer.

Finally, every single choice that the equipment designer makes on a micro, component-level has attached with it a philosophical and artistic decision and statement. Whether or not to use Hovland, Vishay, another, or their own, hand built, capacitor. What resistor(s)? Cardas wire? All of these choices are entirely subjective. Why does Wilson spend all of that time and expense to develop and build those enclosures?

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.