Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: The oldest Strawman Argument in the world!

"Just because you (and Newell and Holland, et al) are not aware of such tests is no evidence that such tests don't exist."

Did I make any statement to that effect? Answer: I did not.

Of course the fact that I'm not aware of such tests is no evidence that such tests don't exist! What is interesting, is that nobody is capable of indicating such tests, in peer-reviewed technical/scientific journals that is. If subjectivists have knowledge of any such publication, why keep this knowledge secret?

"Furthermore, it should mentioned that even IF you were aware of such tests, chances are good you (and Newell and Holland, et al) would dispute the methods of the tests. Am I right?"

If there are issues that need being disputed, then of course the answer is yes. There's a nice thread on RAHE where exactly that has happened:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.audio.high-end/browse_thread/thread/647563b89ce89c71#

"Why do we have to do everything for you?"

So far, you have done exactly nothing. I'm regularly browsing some of the journals relevant to audio, acoustics and perception and there is simply no bias-controlled listening tests on cables. If you think that I'm not looking into the right journals, then pleeeeeeze, enlighten me.

Klaus

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.