Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

DBTs and SBTs usually last an hour or two ... but can last for days and weeks if you prefer

If after several hours you can't hear differences there is absolutely no logical reason to assume more hours of listening on other days will have completely different results. That's just another unproven audiophile belief.

More time listening is on the list of lame excuses used to explain why an audiophile can't hear differences between two components.

The excuses are lame because they are used to throw mud at an objective experiment
... hoping some will stick:

The stereo wasn't good enough ...
... although some people did claim to hear differences during in the sighted warm-up audition!

The test made me nervous ...
... and that caused me to have hearing problems (I can always hear differences at home)

I needed more time to listen ...
... two hours was not enough time to hear any difference between two components -- give me a few months and I'd be able to write a five page article about the differences.

The possibility that two components sound the same is NEVER considered by the typical big-ego high-end-stereo owner!

"I know what I hear" is so easy to claim ...
... and so hard to prove

Richard BassNut Greene
My Stereo is MUCH BETTER than Your Stereo

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • DBTs and SBTs usually last an hour or two ... but can last for days and weeks if you prefer - Richard BassNut Greene 08:54:18 08/31/06 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.