Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

From my point of view, you and Floyd Toole are two peas in a pod

He does the same thing you do, he caters to the preferences of a market. The only difference I can see is that you produce what you like and expect the market will agree with you while he actually goes out and tests the market's preferences. Neither of you actually engages in tests of recordings versus live music to see if your preferred equipment can duplictate it convincingly to blindfolded listeners whether critical listeners or otherwise. You seem to concentrate on amplifiers and preamplifiers, he concentrates on speakers. He works for a $2 billion a year publically owned company run by an egomaniac, I don't have a clue who you work for, and don't care.

"He is one of many, with a strong opinion."
"Floyd is not the answer in my audio world."

Now you know how I see you. Two peas in a pod. When you look at him, as far as I am concerned, you are looking in a mirror.

"If Floyd's 'approved' products are actually accepted by the serious audio public in masse, then I will amend my opinion."

I could hardly ask for a more revealing statement of your perspective than that Mr. Curl because for both of you, this is about inventing better ways to make money, not about better ways to reproduce music. In this relativistic assessment of someone else's work, it's the bottom line on the financial report which is all that really counts.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.