Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

What Is The Average Objectivists Beliefs On Wires?

I've been accused of mis-stating what Objectivists actually believe about wires i.e. interconnects, speakerwire & powercords.

I'd like to limit this discussion to wires your typical or average audiophile / music lover would encounter in their system. Not some obscure example that will allow you to claim I never said ALL wires!
So for the sake of this discussion;

1) Interconnects are 3-4.5 feet.
2) Speakerwire is 6-15 feet.
3) Powercords are 6-8 feet.

Now if all these wires are of a suitable gauge and all components are functioning properly, do you or do you not believe audible differences can be heard, between different manufactuers/dealers?

PLEASE understand I'm not trying to imply every interconnect, speakerwire and power cord sounds differently. Afterall if two different dealers buy a cheap Belden interconnect the XYZ and both put their names on it and then sell it how could it sound different?

However, what if we compared these interconnects; Alpha-Core Inc's Triode Quartz Solid Silver, Nordost's Valhalla and Cardas' Golden Reference? Would audible differences now be heard?

Thetubeguy1954

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - What Is The Average Objectivists Beliefs On Wires? - thetubeguy1954 09:47:17 08/25/06 (305)

You can not post to an archived thread.